Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages is located in the former coffee farm belonging to the famous Out of Africa Blixen family. It sits on 5 acres of land with large hundred-year-old trees, beautiful gardens and pool, and hundreds of different varieties of blooming flowers and a large population of birds. It is a short walk from the Karen Blixen Museum and an easy access to the popular David Sheldrick Elephant and Rhino Orphanage, Giraffe Centre and Nairobi National Park where you can spot big game while on game drives, the city skyline in the background. Located in a quiet neighborhood of Nairobi, it is also close to Wilson Airport, which is used for all safari flights in Kenya. With the new Southern Bypass from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, the transfer time to/from Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages is an easy 30 minutes.
Set on a large estate with giant trees and one of the oldest landscaped gardens in Kenya, the Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages offers 13 en-suite rooms in a cottage setup which includes a large Honeymoon Suite. Our room categories are as follows:-
- 6 Standard rooms
- 3 Family rooms (2 bed roomed en-suite)
- 1 Honeymoon suite
FACTS AT A GLANCE
- Number of rooms 13: 6 one-bedroom cottages,
- 3 family cottages & 1 honeymoon suite
- All cottages have a private front porch and green backyard
- Lounge with fire place, 2 restaurants, 2 bars
and spacious gardens
- Heated swimming pool
- Complimentary Wi-fi
- Close to Wilson Airport and half an hour to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Close to Karen Blixen Museum, Elephant orphanage, Giraffe Centre & Nairobi National Park
- Children allowed – Yes
- Room configurations – Single, Double/Twin.
- Baby cots available on request
- Conference – Yes
- Air condition/room fans – no
- Mosquito nets – Yes
- Bathroom – twin vanities and rain showers
- Bath tubs – No
- Hot water 24 hours – Yes
- Hair dryer – Yes
- Safety deposit box – Yes
- Smart TVs with swivel brackets
- Mini bar – Yes
- Direct dial telephone – Yes
- Suitable with guests with physical challenges –Yes
- Power – 240 V
- Check in time – 1300hrs
- Check out time – 1000hrs
- Airport transfers – Available
- Credit card – Yes
- 24 hours security
- 24 hour In room dining
- Transfer and excursions available
- Parking available.
7 cottages which have, 13 en-suite rooms – 6 one bedroom cottages, 3 – 2 bedroomed family suite and 1 honeymoon cottage. They can be configured into a single, double or twin. A baby cot can be provided on request.
An extra bed can be added in the family and honeymoon cottages.
The Swedo House hosts the reception and a cosy briefing lounge as well as the relaxing terrace. The property boasts of charming, spacious gardens with two restaurants and two bars.
KAREN BLIXEN COFFEE GARDEN RESTAURANT
It features four dining sections:
- Hattons Lounge is a small, exclusive poolside retreat with both indoor and outdoor seating, nestled amid beautiful trees and lush gardens. Guests can enjoy the convenience of requesting early breakfasts, take away meals, or late check-in dinners, while also relishing an all-day dining experience.
- The Garden Area provides an outdoor seating experience, perfect for brunch, lunch, and dinner, catering to individuals, couples, families, and friends
- The Atrium and Bar provides a distinctive and cozy glass house setting, perfect for intimate social gatherings, offering a wonderful indoor view of our gardens, with natural light. Guests can savor a beer or cocktail while enjoying their favorite sporting events at the bar, which opens up to a comfortable lounge area.
- Babette’s offers an unparalleled fine dining experience, presenting a fusion of French and Danish cuisine with a unique African twist.
There is nothing more refreshing than a dip in a heated pool. Surrounded by deck chairs, it is a perfect spot to take a few strokes then relax with a G&T.
POWER VOLTAGE AND FREQUENCY
Power supply is available 24/7. There is a back-up generator in case of power failure.
All power sockets in Kenya provide a standard voltage of 240V with a standard frequency of 50Hz. The associated plug type is G, which is the plug that has three rectangular pins in a triangular pattern.
We have a conference room that can seat a maximum of twenty people boardroom style with all the necessary amenities such as Wi-Fi, LCD projector and dropdown screen. Refreshments are served at the adjoining terrace with a view of the landscaped gardens.